If you are planning to travel outside the United States, you need a U.S Passport. The Festus Public Library is an official Passport Agency where we can process your application for a new passport. If you have any questions, please call the library at 636-937-2017.
Applying for a Passport
To apply for a passport you will need:
- 1 Passport Photograph - Local studios: Walgreens, 519 South Truman Boulevard; Wal-Mart, 650 South Truman Boulevard; UPS Store 650 North Creek Road.
- 2 Payments - Personal check or money order to U.S. Department of State and personal check or cash to Festus Public Library for processing (No credit/debit cards or starter/counter checks).
- Application Form - completed but not signed (you will need to know your parents' birth dates and place of birth). Complete the form in black ink only.
- Certified copy of your Birth Certificate - This will be mailed in with the passport and returned to you in a separate mailing. Birth certificates must contain the name of parent(s); be issued by the office of vital statistics of the state, county, or city of the issuing authority; indicate a registration or file date that is within one year of the birth, and be an original and certified document (notarized copies and photocopies are not accepted).
- Children Under 16 - Both parents must be present.
- Photo ID - Driver's license or valid government-issued picture ID (permits are not accepted).
- Women Only - Previous marriage information (you will need to know dates and you may pick up this form at the Library).
Adult Application Fee: $110
Child under 16 Application Fee: $80
Adult Application Fee: $ 30
Child under 16 Application Fee: $15
Processing fee payable to the library: $35
You may visit the U.S. Department of State website for passport information or call the Festus Public Library at 636-937-2017.
Passports are by appointment only. Please call the Library to set up your appointment. We will need your name, the number of adults applying, the number of minors applying, and a contact number. Passports are processed Mon 10-6, Tues 12-4, Thurs 10-4, and Fri 10-4. No Saturday appointments will be available.