Park Rules & Regulations
General Ground Rules
- Hours: Except for unusual and unforeseen emergencies or as allowed by permit, parks shall be open to the public every day of the year from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. The opening and closing hours for each individual park shall be posted therein for public information.
- Closed Areas: Any section or part of any park may be declared closed to the public by the chairman of the park board at any time and for any interval of time, either temporarily or at regular and stated intervals (daily or otherwise) and either entirely or merely to certain hours, as the chairman of the park board shall find reasonably necessary.
- Lost and Found Articles: The finding of lost articles by park attendants shall be reported to the chairman of the park board who shall make every reasonable effort to locate the owners. The chairman of the park board shall make every reasonable effort to find articles reported lost.
- Climbing on Park Buildings and Structures: No person shall climb or be upon any building, shed, table, bench or other structure of any kind in any city park.
- Damaging or Defacing: No person shall damage, deface or destroy any building, shed, table, bench, post, tree, shrub or any plant of any kind or character in any city park.
- Driving: No person shall drive, operate or park any vehicle or any kind or character in, upon or across any part of any city park other than the roads or driveways provided and maintained in such part for the use of vehicles.
- Motorcycles and Bicycles: It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any kind of motor vehicle, including motorcycles and motor bicycles of any types, sizes and kinds in any of the city parks or city park areas of the city, except on the made roads or roadways in such parks and park areas.
- Groups and Leagues: Groups and leagues will be responsible for ensuring their members comply with all park rules and regulations. Failure of members to comply will result in revocation of the group's or league's permit.
- Clean-up: Users of the parks are responsible for cleaning up and properly disposing of litter after their use.
- Alcohol: It shall be unlawful for any person(s), while in or about any city park or upon any athletic fields or in the spectator areas of the athletic fields of any park to bring in intoxicating beverages of any kind, with the exception of parties and functions under permits issued by the Festus Park Board.
- General: Users will not sit, lean, jump or stand on the tennis nets.
- Equipment: Users will see appropriate footwear for tennis play. Hard sole shoes will not be allowed.
- Lighting: Tennis court lights will be turned off by 11 p.m.
- Disclaimer: The person(s) to whom a permit is issued shall be liable for any loss, damage, or injury sustained by any person(s) whatsoever by reason of negligence of the person or persons to whom such permit is issued.
- Permit Revocation: The Chairman of the Park Board shall have the authority to revoke a permit upon finding of violation of any rule or ordinance of the City of Festus or upon good cause shown.
Ordinance No. 2164
Persons using park facilities over the capacity of the facility requested, be required to have insurance of one million dollars liability coverage per occurrence.
Ordinance No. 2492
Persons using any park facility for the purpose of raising funds shall be charged 15% of the gross revenue.