WE HAVE E-BOOKS!!!
Click the Overdrive link to browse our collection.
Telescope Available for Checkout!
Thanks to a partnership with the St. Louis Astronomical Society, Festus Public Library patrons may now check out a telescope for personal use for a week at a time. The telescope must be checked out on an adult library card. To place a hold on the telescope, visit the library or call us at 636-937-2017.
We are grateful to our Festus Public Library Friends for purchasing this telescope.
Search Our Catalog Online!
1000 plus DVDs are available for checkout!! We have books on CD!
Local history, Festus newspapers on microfilm, some cemetery records, CD ROMs and other genealogical materials are available for use in the reference room.
The Festus Public Library has subscribed to Ancestry Library - a searchable genealogy database. Our version of Ancestry Library can only be accessed from within the library.
- Borrow books from other libraries throughout the state at no charge. This service requires a current membership.
- Photocopies The charge is 20 cents for letter and 35 cents for legal size.
- Send and receive faxes The charge for this service is $1.50 for the first page and 50 cents for each additional page.
- Meeting and conference room for civic groups. This room must be reserved in advance.
- Citizens may register to vote.
- Internet access. A computer user form must be filled out to have access to the Library computers. Students 18 and under must have parent/guardian signature. Copies are 20 cents for b/w and 50 cents and up for color.
- We are a Passport Acceptance Agency. Visit the U.S. Dept. of State website at www.travel.state.gov or call the library at 636-937-2017 for information.
Pre-school storytime is held throughout the year on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Library materials (except videos) are checked out for a two week period. Books may be renewed by phone or online (one time only) for an additional two weeks. Books on a waiting list may NOT be renewed. Fines on books and magazines are 5 cents per day per item. Videos and DVDs have a 1-week check-out and a fine of $1.00 per day for DVDs and 50 cents per day for videos if not returned on time. Videos and DVDs may be renewed one time if not past due.
ATTENTION STUDENTS AND JOB SEEKERS
LearningExpress Library is available at the Library.
- Academic Tests including ACT, SAT, GRE, GED, TOEFL, LSAT, Advanced Placement
- Professional Certifications, including Real Estate, Law Enforcement, EMT
- Elementary, Middle and High School Skills Improvement
- Job search, resume writing and interviewing, and much more.
SUPPORT FESTUS PUBLIC LIBRARY
GIFTS AND/OR MEMORIALS MAY BE MADE TO:
FESTUS PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION, INC. ,
400 W. MAIN STREET, FESTUS, MO 63028
CONTACT: Kathy Condon-Boettcher (636) 937-2017