“We look out for each other!”
A Neighborhood Watch program is a group of people living in the same area who want to make their neighborhood safer by working together in conjunction with local law enforcement to reduce crime and improve their quality of life.
Benefits of Neighborhood Watch:
- Crime reduction
- A better quality of life
- Greater sense of security, responsibility, and personal control
- Build community pride and unity
- Preparing for helping ourselves and others in our community
- Provide law enforcement agencies with volunteer support year round
- Citizens become the extra "eyes and ears" for law enforcement
Community members only serve as the extra “eyes and ears” of law enforcement. They should report their observations of suspicious activities to law enforcement; however, citizens should NEVER try to take action on those observations. Trained law enforcement should be the only ones to take action on observations of suspicious activities.
For further information contact Ptn. Schindler at the Festus Police Department.