The mission of the City Clerk's office is to provide the citizens of Festus with services essential for growth, development and enhancement of their quality of life.
Responsibilities & Services
- Administering Oath of Office
- Administers and maintains business, liquor and contractor licenses
- Certifies copies of documents and is a Notary Public
- Posts public notices as required by law
- Prepares City Council meeting agendas, minutes, ordinances, etc.
- Processes requests pursuant to the Missouri Sunshine Law
- Provides administrative support to the Mayor, City Council and Staff
- Records meetings of the City Council
- Responsible for Voter Registration and Registration of Candidates for elective office with the City
- Serves as Custodian of official records and official seal of the City
- Serves as goodwill ambassador, coordinating tours for school groups and similar organizations
- International Institute of City Clerks
- Missouri City Clerks and Finance Officers Association
- National Notary Association