- Special Services
- Quad Cities Senior Center
Quad Cities Senior Center
Mid East Area Agency on Aging (MEAAA) Quad-Cities Senior Center
MEAAA stands for Mid East Area Agency on Aging. They are a non-profit corporation incorporated since the 1970s and is funded by the Federal, State, local municipalities and by donations. They are currently located at:
221 Bailey Road
Masonic Lodge Basement
Crystal City, Missouri 63019
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Leslie Radosh, SCA is in charge of the Quad-Cities Senior Center and can be reached by email, phone at 636-937-8333, or visit the MEAAA website.
Eligible participants are 60 years of age or older.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Bingo, generally twice per week on Tuesday and Thursday. Everyone who participates is asked to bring in some small gift as bingo prizes (can of food, household item, etc.).
- Card playing most every day
- Computer lessons
- Craft activities
- Lunch is served daily at 11:45 a.m. Meals are prepared by Frederick's Catering (reservations are required the day before by calling 636-937-8333). Suggested contribution for meals is $3.25 per eligible participant.
- Oats Bus Service, Monday through Thursday, will pick you up at house and bring you to senior center for lunch and then take you shopping at either Shop-n-Save or Aldi's.
- Oats Bus every Friday for shopping at other locations such as Wal-Mart, etc.
- Stretch band activity
- Weights every Friday
The Center has a small library of books and magazines, piano, several computers with internet access, puzzles, treadmill and TV area. A calendar is prepared each month for activities planned and meal schedule.
Meals on Wheels program brings nutritionally balanced meals on a voluntary contribution basis to eligible homebound people age 60 and older. To apply, contact Leslie Radosh at 636-937-8333 to determine if you are eligible. People who receive this service may make voluntary contributions to help support the program.
The program also needs volunteers to make meals available to more seniors in need. If you need home-delivered meals or would like to volunteer, call Leslie Radosh at 636-937-8333.