This newly created department (2021) within the City of Festus is a collaborative department between the City and it's Tourism Commission.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and evaluates recreation and tourism programming.
- Plans, directs, and participates in providing an expanding and flexible program of recreational activities for all segments, groups, ages, and interest levels of the community.
- Receives input from community groups, neighborhood groups and individuals regarding recreation needs, utilizes such input for overall planning, programming, program evaluation.
- Prepares the Recreation budget, submits recommendations to city management; coordinates and monitors the expenditure and receipt of funds.
- Manages tourism marketing/advertising budgets; reviews and authorizes all expenditures.
- Maintains City website, distributes monthly newsletters, and maintains and updates social media. Develops and maintains a positive public image of Festus through community interaction and media releases.